This salad is fresh, healthy, beautiful and scrumptious! Use any veggies you like and you can grill, saute or roast the shrimp, extremely versatile. The dressing is out of bounds!
Makes 2 entree salads or 4 side salads
- 1 lb of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbs of olive oil
- sprinkle of salt & pepper
- 4 cups of chopped romaine lettuce
- peels of 1 carrot (use a potato peeler)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup of fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup of crunchy rice noodles
- 1/2 cup of mandarin oranges or fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup of chopped basil or cilantro
- 1 Tbs of soy sauce
- 1 Tbs of rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs of creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 tsp of chili paste
- 1 Tbs + 1 tsp of sugar
- 1/4 tsp of dried ginger
Start by cooking your shrimp, using your preferred method, grill, saute or roast. I roasted mine, just cover a small baking sheet with foil, arrange the shrimp in a single layer, drizzle with the little olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 10 minutes at 400°Next, make the delicious dressing, just whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.Now, just arrange the lettuce on a platter or you could just toss everything together in a large bowl. I like to arrange the veggies, oranges, bean sprouts and the rice noodles in rows because it looks so pretty, then sprinkle on the the chopped basil or cilantro, arrange the shrimp on top and drizzle on the dressing!
Note to cooks: All of the Asian ingredients are readily available in the Asian section of the grocery store. The mandarin oranges are not pictured because someone ate them before I got home and started cooking, I wonder who!