The roasted red pepper sauce is the star! It is amazing on fish, I used cod in this recipe, but tilapia or pan fried catfish would be excellent as well. The fish is baked on a bed of veggies, once the sauce is made, this recipe takes minutes to make and is insanely good!
Roasted red pepper sauce:
- 1 16 oz jar of roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 1/2 cups of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of mayo
- 1 can of cannellini beans, drained
- 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
Veggies and Fish:
- 4 cod fillets
- 1 yellow squash, cut into matchbook sized pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into matchbook sized pieces
- 1/2 of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig, stripped
- 1 tsp of salt – divided use
- 1 tsp of black pepper, divided
Red pepper sauce:
- Place all ingredients in a food processor, pulse until very creamy.
Fish and veggies:
- Coat the bottom of a cast iron skillet or a baking dish with olive oil and preheat the oven to 350°.
- Place the carrots, squash and onions in the bottom, sprinkle with 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of pepper and the rosemary.
- Lay the fish on top of the veggies, sprinkle with 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper, then pour the pepper sauce over the top.
4. Bake for 45 minutes. All done! Delicious with wild rice or mashed potatoes!
Note to cooks:
Make sure to cut the veggies as thin as you can so they cook perfectly with the fish