Good for the heart and the soul! Healthy, delicious cauliflower is simmered with cashews, shallots, garlic, white wine and chicken stock and blended until creamy and smooth and then sprinkled with Parmesan cheese! Very easy to make and so incredibly good!
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 heaping tsp of fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 1 cauliflower, outer leaves and stalk removed and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup of cashews
- 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 6 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- chopped green onion, chives or parsley for garnish
- freshly grated parmesan cheese for garnish
Start by adding the olive oil to a stock pot, saute the shallots, garlic and thyme for 2-3 minutes. Add in the wine, stir and cook for about 4 minutes. Then add in the cauliflower, cashews and paprika, cover and cook over low heat for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.Turn the heat to high and add in the chicken broth and the salt & pepper, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, partially covered for 30 – 35 minutes until the cauliflower is fork tender and falling apart.
Use an immersion blender or let cool slightly and pour into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Return to the pot and heat through. Taste and add salt if needed. To serve, ladle into bowls and garnish with green onions and parmesan cheese. Enjoy!Note to cooks: You can also top with crispy, crumbled bacon and homemade croutons.