A favorite at Chinese restaurants is very easy to make at home. Marinate the chicken for as long as you can in this incredible marinade, the chicken is so flavorful and tender and the peanut sauce is spectacular!
- 1 1/2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips about 2 inches wide
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 2 Tbs of coconut milk
- 1 tsp of curry powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic
- 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbs of soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp of curry powder
- 1 heaping Tbs of brown sugar
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 Tbs of coconut milk
- 1 tsp of Sambal (chili paste) *optional
- 1 cup of very hot water for thinning sauce
Mix all marinade ingredients in a bowl. Place the chicken strips in a baking dish, pour on the marinade and coat all of the chicken using your hands. Let marinate for at least 1 hour. Make the peanut sauce: Mix all ingredients (except for the hot water) together in a medium bowl. Stir until well combined, add in the hot water, 1 Tbs at a time, until the sauce is smooth and creamy.Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes. Skewer the chicken, weaving the skewer in and out, you can fit 2 strips on 1 skewer.Grill the chicken over hot coals for 3 – 4 minutes on each side.
Serve with lime wedges and the peanut sauce on the side.