Coconut Curry Salmon
I adore this dish! I dream about this sauce! Bite sized pieces of rich, buttery salmon swimming in a coconut curry sauce with spinach, garlic, ginger, shallots and a little heat from jalapeno, and......done in under 20 minutes! Make this please, you'll have dreams about it too!
Author: Ruth Guerri
- 1 Tbs of olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs of fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 2 tsp of green curry paste
- 1 can of coconut milk, stirred well
- ½ tsp of kosher salt
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 Tbs of soy sauce
- 1 Tbs of fresh lime juice
- 1¼ lbs of wild Alaskan salmon, skin removed, cut into bite sized pieces
- 6 - 8 oz of fresh spinach leaves or swiss chard
- In a large heavy skillet, cast iron if you have one, add the oil over medium heat and sauté the shallot, jalapeno, garlic, and ginger for 2 - 3 minutes, then stir in the curry paste and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Next, add in the coconut milk, salt, sugar, soy sauce and lime juice. Bring the mixture to a boil, stir until smooth.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add in the salmon and spinach. Simmer until the salmon is cooked-through and the spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately, I either serve this with warm crusty bread or Jasimine rice, something to soak up the amazing sauce.
You could make this dish with almost any kind of seafood or fish, it's really all about the sauce, so cod, tilapia, shrimp, scallops, all would be delish!