A perfect side for roasted meats! Savory, tender roasted potatoes and spinach, full of flavor from herbs, shallot and garlic!
- 8 new red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 Tbs of olive oil
- 2 Tbs of butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- 1 Tbs of fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 Tbs of fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp of fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 2 large handfuls of fresh spinach, tear big leaves in half
Preheat oven to 400°
Place the quartered potatoes in a 9 x 13 casserole dish,
Heat the butter and oil in a small skillet over medium heat, add in the shallot, garlic and the herbs, saute for 2 minutes. Pour over the potatoes, then sprinkle on the salt, pepper and the paprika, stir well to coat the potatoes evenly. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, or until fork tender. Remove from the oven and add in the spinach, stir, return to the oven for just a few minutes until the spinach wilts.That’s it! Quick, easy and so flavorful!