This sauce sends a steak into orbit!
• 1/3 cup of minced shallot
• 2 Tbs of butter
• 3 cloves of minced garlic
• 1/2 cup of Cognac or Brandy
• 1 1/2 cups of beef stock or broth
• 4 Tbs coarsely crushed black or green peppercorns
• 1 C of heavy cream
• 2 tsp of Dijon mustard
• salt and pepper to taste
In a saucepan over medium heat, saute the shallots and garlic in 2 Tbs of butter, add the Cognac and deglaze, add beef stock and peppercorns. Cook for 3- 4 minutes. Whisk in the heavy cream and the mustard, then season with salt and pepper to taste.