Pumpkin Pecan Toffee Squares
Better than pumpkin pie! What could be more luscious than pumpkin swirled with sweetened condensed milk and spices, over a gingersnap crust and sprinkled with pecans and toffee! This will be a huge hit on your Thanksgiving table!
Author: Ruth Guerri
- 3 cups of gingersnap cookies (use a food processor to make crumbs)
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of melted butter (4 Tbs)
- ½ cup of pecans, chopped
- ⅓ cup of toffee bits
- 1 can (15 oz) of pumpkin puree
- 12 oz of sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- ½ tsp of ginger
- whipped cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Start by buttering a 9 x 12 inch pan, line with parchment paper and butter the parchment. In a mixing bowl, stir together the gingersnap crumbs, brown sugar and the melted butter. Press into the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Then sprinkle with the pecans and the toffee bits.
- Using a mixer, beat the pumpkin, condensed milk, sugar, eggs, cinnamon and the ginger until well combined. then pour over the nuts and toffee bits and spread to the edges.
- Bake for 30 minutes. When cool, cut into 12 squares for large pieces or 16 for medium sized pieces and top with whipped cream! DELISH!