Oven roasted vegetable with lots of garlic and fresh herbs, then simply drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper. Simple, healthy, super delicious! The garlic becomes soft and buttery, make sure to have a crusty baguette to spread it on and to soak up the heavenly juices! Makes a great summer dinner along with some sweet ripe melon!
Serves 2 as an entree or 4 as a side dish
- 10 cauliflower florets
- 1 cup of zucchini, sliced
- 15 medium sized button mushrooms or baby bellas, whole unless large, then cut in half
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1 large handful of green beans, trimmed
- 8 whole, peeled garlic cloves
- 2 tsp of fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp of fresh thyme leaves
- 8 basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- Olive oil for drizzling on veggies
- 2 tsp of kosher salt or to taste
- 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- Peels of fresh Parmesan cheese or grated Parmesan (use a vegetable peeler for peels) As much as you like.
Preheat oven to 400°
Place all of the vegetables and the fresh herbs on a large baking sheet or pizza pan, drizzle with enough olive oil to lightly coat all of the veggies, sprinkle with the salt and pepper and use your hands to toss and coat. Bake for 25 minutes, then add the Parmesan cheese and serve! Delish and healthy!