Strawberry Poppy Seed Muffins
Tender, moist muffins, filled with strawberries and a little crunch of poppy seeds, then glazed with more strawberry goodness! You'll love these easy to make muffins! Fresh strawberries are best in this recipe!
Author: Ruth Guerri
Recipe type: Muffins
Serves: Makes 16 muffins
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 Tbs of baking powder
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1¼ cups of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup of melted butter
- ½ cup of whole milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1½ cups of strawberries, chopped
- 1 Tbs of poppy seeds
- 1 Tbs of turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw)
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 Tbs of crushed strawberries
- 2 Tbs of whole milk
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line 16 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Whisk together eggs, melted butter, milk and vanilla, add to the dry ingredients and stir in the strawberries and poppy seeds.
- Fill muffin cups to the top, this makes "muffin tops", sprinkle with sugar and bake for 27 - 30 minutes. Gently loosen the edges of the muffins with a butter knife and let them cool before removing from the pan.
- While the muffins are baking, make the glaze, just stir together all of the glaze ingredients.
- Spoon the glaze on the muffins and let them set before eating, if you can!