These souffles are bursting with fresh strawberry flavor, they're light and fluffy and served warm with whipped cream and sliced berries. A delicious summer treat that is surprisingly easy to make.
Author: Ruth Guerri
Recipe type: Dessert
- butter & sugar to coat the ramekins
- 24 oz of fresh strawberries, hulled, washed and dried
- 7 Tbs of sugar - divided use
- 1 Tbs of cornstarch
- 1 tsp of fresh orange zest
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 cups of sliced strawberries
- 1 Tbs of sugar or to taste
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 6 (4 oz) ramekins with butter, then add enough sugar to coat the bottom and sides and shake out the excess, place them on a baking sheet.
- Coarsely puree the strawberries, 4 tablespoons of sugar and cornstarch in a food processor or blender. Pour into a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the orange zest and vanilla. Cool completely.
- Slice 2 cups of strawberries and mix with 1 Tbs of sugar, set aside for serving.
- Beat the egg whites in large bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add 3 tablespoons of sugar; beat until stiff peaks form, fold in the strawberry mixture. Spoon into the prepared ramekins and run your finger along the edge to make a little mote. Bake for 18 - 20 minutes until puffed and golden. Serve immediately with whipped cream and sliced berries. Enjoy!