Savory, mouthwatering Meatballs! These are excellent served over egg noodles or mashed potatoes! I have no words to describe just how good they are, you’ll have to make them and see!
• 1 lb ground beef (chuck is good )
• 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs (fine and plain)
• 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
• 2 cloves minced garlic
• 1 heaping Tbs finely chopped bell pepper (any color)
• dash of ground allspice
• 1 egg, beaten
• 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1/4 C chili sauce
• 1/2 C evaporated milk
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tsp fresh thyme
• 2 Tbs + 1 tsp cornstarch
• 1 cup beef stock or broth
• 3/4 C dry red wine
• 2 tsp Worcestershire
• salt & pepper to taste
• sprig of thyme, optional
Preheat oven to 425°
Combine all meatball ingredients, mix well and shape into 1-inch balls. Place on a cookie sheet or shallow baking dish.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes then turn off the oven and turn on the broiler and broil til nicely browned, about 8 minutes or so.
Prepare sauce, combine all sauce ingredients and cook over medium heat til thickened, stirring constantly. Discard thyme sprig.
Place the meatballs into a serving bowl, pour over the sauce and stir gently to combine. So easy and so delicious!