I love to make this salad in the summer when tomatoes are ripe and juicy, but I also make it in the winter when the Romas look good, the dressing is divine!
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs of Tarragon vinegar
- 2 Tbs of coarse grained mustard
- 2 tsp of honey
- 1/4 tsp of kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 or 3 tomatoes, the ripest you can find, sliced or cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large or 2 small avocados, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 oz of Havarti cheese, sliced
- homemade croutons
- 1 small head of Bibb lettuce
Combine the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a small jar with a lid. Shake, shake, shake til well combined!
On 2 salad plates or one serving platter, place a bed of bibb lettuce, then arrange the tomatoes, avocado, red onion, Havarti and the croutons if using. Pour over the yummy dressing and serve!Homemade croutons, stovetop:
Cut your choice of bread into cubes (I usually use whole wheat or a french baguette), heat a little olive oil in a heavy skillet, stir the bread around to coat, add a little salt and pepper and cook until the bread cubes are toasty.