Coconut Cognac Shrimp
This recipe could not be any easier, but the flavor is off the charts! We all love coconut shrimp, this is a quick, easy version, cooked stovetop under 10 minutes! Shrimp, toasted coconut, scallions, cognac, garlic, red pepper, how can this not be spectacular!
Author: Ruth Guerri
Recipe type: Shrimp and Shellfish
- ½ cup of grated coconut, unsweetened
- 2 Tbs of canola oil
- 1 lb of large shrimp, peeled, deveined, patted dry
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped (white and green part)
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and chopped (mild heat)
- 3 Tbs of Cognac
- 2 Tbs of butter
- 1 tsp of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- In a dry skillet, over medium/high heat, cook the coconut until lightly browned, stirring frequently, 4-5 minutes.
- Then in a large skillet, cast iron if you have one, over high heat, add in the oil, when very hot, add in the shrimp and cook about 2 minutes, just until they turn pink, then remove from the skillet.
- Now, in the same skillet, saute the garlic, scallions and the red chili, just for a few seconds. Turn the heat to medium and add in the cognac, butter, sugar and salt.
- Add the shrimp back to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the toasted coconut and serve! Quick, easy and absolutely scrumptious!