Italian Hasselback Chicken
Author: Ruth Guerri
Recipe type: Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- drizzle of olive oil
- 4 large handfuls of fresh spinach leaves
- ¾ cup of ricotta cheese
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp of fresh chopped basil
- ⅛ tsp of kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp of black pepper
- more salt & pepper for the chicken
- ¾ cup of marinara sauce
- ½ cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Start by placing the chicken breasts on a baking sheet, line with foil or parchment if you like. Make 6 – 7 evenly spaced, deep cuts in the chicken, almost all of the way through, but not quite.
- In a large skillet, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat and saute the spinach and the garlic until the spinach wilts. Remove from the heat and stir in the ricotta cheese, basil and the salt & pepper.
- Now, just stuff each cut with the spinach mixture. Sprinkle a little salt & pepper on each breast and bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Remove the breasts from the oven and spoon on the marinara sauce and sprinkle with parmesan, broil for 2 – 3 minutes until browned. That’s it! Easy and amazing!