Open Face Tomato Sandwich with Cucumber Dill Spread
These tomato sandwiches are the perfect way to enjoy sweet, ripe garden tomatoes! Toasty bread slices are slathered with a delicious cucumber, cream cheese spread with a hint of curry and dill, then topped with the tomato slices and drizzled with olive oil. So simple and quick to make but the taste is off the charts! So....off to the farmers market for fresh tomatoes and cucumbers!
Author: Ruth Guerri
Recipe type: sandwich
- ½ cup of diced cucumber
- ¼ cup of cream cheese, softened
- ⅛ tsp of kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp of freshly cracked black pepper
- dash of curry powder
- 1 tsp of white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp of fresh dill, chopped
- 4 slices of whole grain or quinoi bread, cut ½ " thick
- drizzle of olive oil for bread
- salt & pepper for bread
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- salt & pepper for tomatoes
- drizzle of olive oil for finishing
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the cucmber, cream cheese, salt, pepper, curry powder, vinegar and dill in a medium sized bowl, stir until well combined.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet, drizzle with a little olive oil, season with salt & pepper and bake for 8 minutes.
- Spread the cucumber mixture evenly on the bread slices, top with tomato slices, season with salt & pepper and drizzle on a little olive oil.
- Pop under the broiler for 2 minutes and serve, garnish with a little more dill or chopped chives if you like. Completely yummy!
Some crispy bacon or proscuitto would be a delcious addition to these sandwiches!