Teriyaki Pineapple Turkey Burgers
Here’s your new favorite burger! This is one of the most flavorful turkey burgers you’ll ever have! The turkey soaks up the Hawaiian style marinade and then is grilled to perfection, topped with grilled pineapple and red onion, then slathered with teriyaki mayo! Spectacular!
Author: Ruth Guerri
Recipe type: Burgers
- ⅓ cup of soy sauce
- ⅓ cup of pineapple juice
- 2 tsp of freshly grated ginger
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 Tbs of brown sugar
- 2 Tbs of mayonnaise
- 1½ lbs of ground turkey
- ½ cup of chopped white or yellow onion
- ¼ cup of plain breadcrumbs
- 4 fresh pineapple rings, sliced ½ inch thick
- 4 slices of red onion, sliced ½ inch thick
- 4 buns
- leaf lettuce
- Start by adding the soy sauce, pineapple juice, ginger, garlic and brown sugar to a small saucepan, over medium heat and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, let cool.
- Stir 2 tsp of the soy mixture into 2 Tbs of mayo, set aside.
- Add the ground turkey to a large bowl and add in the chopped onion, bread crumbs and the cooled soy mixture.
- Mix well with your hands and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, then shape into 4 patties.
- Time to grill, brush the burgers, onion and pineapple with a little canola oil and grill the burgers over high heat for 4 – 5 minutes per side, along with the red onion and pineapple, turning once. Put the lid on the grill if the flame flares up. Toast the buns for a few minutes.
- To assemble the burgers, spread some of the soy mayo on the bottom bun, place on a turkey burger, then add the lettuce, pineapple and red onion, spread a little more mayo on the top bun, place it on and get ready to chow down on one of the best burgers on the planet
You can also make these burgers with ground chuck or ground round and they can be cooked on the stovetop using a cast iron skillet or a grill pan.