Another summertime favorite to make when tomatoes, beans and potatoes are fresh from the garden. The salmon is to die for! Very easy to put together, and so healthy! You could also use traditional tuna.
Serves 2 – 3
• 2 salmon fillets (about 6 oz each)
• 1 lemon, zested and juiced
• 2 Tbs of extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tsp of Dijon mustard
• dash of Worcestershire sauce
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tsp of salt
• 1/2 tsp of pepper
• 3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and sliced
• 3-4 new potatoes
• 1 large handful of green beans, stems removed
• 3 ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
• lettuce of your choice, torn in bite sized pieces
• 1/3 cup of Kalamata olives, pitted
• 1 can of anchovies, optional
• fresh dill for garnish
• 1/4 cup of white wine or red wine vinegar
• 1 tsp of Dijon mustard
• 1 tsp of sugar
• 1 tsp of kosher salt
• 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 450°
Marinade: In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, mustard, dash of Worcestershire sauce, garlic, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
Place the salmon on a sheet pan that has been covered in aluminum foil and drizzle the marinade over the salmon. Allow the salmon to sit for 15 minutes.
Hard boil the eggs, place them a saucepan and cover with water, bring to the boil, turn off heat and let sit for 20 minutes, run under cold water, peel and slice.
Boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted boiling water, just til tender. Remove them with a slotted spoon, now add the green beans, bring to a boil, cook for 4 minutes, drain immediately and plunge in a bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Drain again and set aside.
When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them into thick slices.
Bake the salmon for 15 minutes. Take it out of the oven and let it hang out for 15-20 minutes. You can also grill the salmon.
For the vinaigrette, combine the vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil to make an emulsion. Set aside.
Arrange the lettuce on a large platter, then add the salmon, potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, eggs, olives and anchovies (if using).
Drizzle over the dressing, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with fresh dill. Bon Appetit!