The best buffalo chicken sandwich you have ever had! So easy to make, the combination of flavors is unbeatable and the kale adds a nice crunch!
Makes 2 -3 sandwiches
- 1 large or 2 small boneless, chicken breasts
- olive oil for drizzling on the chicken
- 1/8 tsp each of salt, pepper, paprika, granulated garlic for sprinkling on chicken
- 3 Tbs of butter
- 1/2 cup of hot sauce
- 1 Tbs of Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp of granulated garlic, may use garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 Tbs of brown sugar
- 3 cups of kale
- olive oil for drizzling on the kale
- 1 heaping Tbs of Mayo
- 1 heaping Tbs of Blue cheese
- dash of salt and pepper, or to taste
Preheat oven to 350°
Place the chicken breasts on a foil lined baking sheet, drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle the top side with an 1/8 tsp each of: salt, pepper, paprika and granulated garlic or garlic powder. Bake for 35 – 45 minutes, depending on the size of the breasts, let cool.In a small bowl, combine the hot sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, granulated garlic, salt, and brown sugar, stir to combine.Melt the butter in a large skillet and add in the sauce mixture, stir to combine.Using 2 forks, shred the chicken.Add the chicken to the skillet with the sauce and mix well.Mix the blue cheese, mayo and salt and pepper in a small bowl.Place the kale on a baking sheet, drizzle on a small amount of olive oil, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and bake at 350° for 15 minutes.Place the buns in the oven with the kale and bake for just a few minutes, til warmed and a little toasty.
Assemble the sandwiches: Spoon on some of the blue cheese sauce on the bottom bun, pile on the chicken, top with kale and put the lid on. YUM, YUM, YUM!
Note to cooks:
You can use a rotisserie chicken, then just make the sauce and carry on!
Make sure not to crowd the kale on the baking sheet so it gets nice and crispy.