Grilled, Orange & Rosemary Chicken Thighs
This is a very simple recipe with just a few ingredients but with mind blowing flavor! The combination of fresh orange, maple syrup and fresh rosemary is intoxicating! The rosemary is tucked under the skin while the chicken grills and the orange maple sauce is glazed on!
Author: Ruth Guerri
Recipe type: chicken
Serves: Serves 4 - 6
- juice of 3 oranges
- zest of 1 orange
- ½ cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- olive oil – for rubbing on chicken
- 1½ tsp of kosher salt
- ½ tsp of cracked black pepper
- 1 scant tsp of onion powder
- 1 scant tsp of garlic powder
- 6 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Add the orange juice, zest, maple syrup and Worcestershire sauce to a small saucepan over medium heat, bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, it will reduce by about half.
- Place the rosemary sprigs under the skin of the chicken, rub with olive oil and sprinkle the with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Grill the chicken over medium heat for 10 minutes on each side until nicely browned and then brush on the glaze and grill 6 – 8 minutes more per side. (Cooking time will depend on the size of the thighs, to check for doneness, poke the chicken with a fork, the juices should be clear, not pink or insert a thermometer and the temperature should be °165)
- Remove from the grill and serve, make sure to spoon over any extra sauce! This sauce is also delicious drizzled over oven roasted veggies, like cauliflower or carrots!