Slow Cooker Mushrooms
These utterly delicious mushrooms could not be any easier to make. Your slow cooker does all the work! The flavor is extraordinary! These make a perfect side for steak, but I love them so much I could eat them for dinner with warm crusty bread!
Author: Ruth Guerri
Serves: 8 - 10
- 4 lbs of mushrooms, button, creminis or a combination
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1 cup of dry red wine
- 2 Tbs of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp of kosher salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 6 Tbs of butter
- ½ of chopped fresh parsley
- Degree of difficulty is 0! Just add all ingredients (except the parsley) into a crockpot and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5 hours, stir occasionally.
- Add in the parsley near the end of the cooking time. You’ll have extra sauce, don’t throw that out, it’s really good on pasta!
Feel free to add your favorite herbs to these mushrooms, thyme, rosemary, basil, oregano, all good choices!