The ultimate strawberry parfait! These will be a huge hit with your family and friends. Layers of strawberry puree, sliced berries, a creamy ricotta, cream cheese blend and cookie crumbles, all topped with whipped cream and almonds!
- 6 cups of fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced (divided use)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 – 1/4 cups of ricotta cheese
- 6 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 Tbs of cane sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- splash of milk or cream
- 1 – 1/2 cups of Italian lady finger cookies, crumbled (may also use shortbread cookies, amaretti cookies or chocolate wafers)
- 1 cup of whipped cream
- 3 Tbs of slivered or sliced almonds for garnish
- Place 1/2 of the of strawberries (3 cups) and 1/2 cup of sugar in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth
- Combine Ricotta, cream cheese, powdered sugar, cane sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl, stir until well combined, add a splash of milk or cream until very creamy.
- Assemble the parfaits: Spoon 2 Tbs of cookie crumbs in the bottom of the parfait glasses, then spoon in 2 Tbs of strawberry puree. Next, add 1/4 cup of the fresh berries and then 2 Tbs of the ricotta mixture. Repeat the layers and drizzle the remaining puree over each parfait. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.4. Just before serving, top with whipped cream and sprinkle on the almonds.