A savory Frittata with a scrumptious combination of mushrooms, kale, sun dried tomatoes, scallions and Gouda! What a special treat and so versatile and easy, add any ingredients you have on hand!
- 8 oz of sliced mushrooms of your choice, I used baby bellas
- 1 tsp of oil
- 3 cups of chopped kale or baby spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes, well drained and chopped
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1 cup of Gouda cheese, grated, divided use
- 4 scallions, white and green part, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°
Start by heating the oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat and saute the mushrooms for 3 – 4 minutesAdd in the kale and the garlic and cook a few more minutes until the kale wilts, turn off the heat.In a large bowl, add the eggs and break the yolks with your whisk, then whisk in the milk just until combined, it’s important not to over beat.Stir in the sun dried tomatoes, salt and pepper, 1/2 cup of Gouda, scallions and the cooled mushroom/kale mixture.Pour into a lightly oiled 2 qt casserole dish or a 10″ cast iron skillet, sprinkle on the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, then broil just until golden brown.Serve hot or at room temperature. A fresh fruit salad is perfect with this amazing frittata!