This recipe is quick, easy, elegant and insanely delicious! The scallops are pan seared and finished in a delightful curry sauce with fresh spinach!
Author: Ruth Guerri
Recipe type: Shellfish
- 1 Tbs of butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp of green curry paste
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 1 heaping tsp of tomato paste
- ⅓ cup of chicken broth
- ½ cup of half & half
- 1 lb of sea scallops
- salt & pepper for scallops
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 2 big handfuls fresh spinach, chopped
- Start by melting the butter in a saucepan or small skillet, saute the shallots and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the curry paste and salt and cook for 1 minute.
- Then transfer to a blender and add in the tomato paste, chicken broth and the half & half. Blend until very smooth.
- Pat the scallops very dry with a paper towel, season with a little salt & pepper and in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium/high heat and sear the scallops 2 -3 minutes per side.
- Then add in the sauce and the spinach and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the spinach is wilted.
- That’s it! To serve, plate the scallops and top with that incredible sauce, delicious with wild rice. Enjoy!