Fettuccini with shrimp, tomatoes and spinach
When my garden is overflowing with tomatoes, I make this scrumptious pasta! The shrimp are tossed with flour and pamesan and cooked until crispy for incredible flavor! Then the garden fresh tomatoes are cooked with garlic, shallots, white wine, fresh basil, spinach and parmesan and tossed with fettucini! Sprinkle on a little more parmesan and serve with warm, crusty bread! Utterly scrumptious!
Author: Ruth Guerri
Recipe type: pasta
- 8 oz of fettucine
- 1 lb of large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- ¼ cup of flour
- ¼ cup of parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp of salt for shrimp
- 2 Tbs of olive oil
- 1½ cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- ¼ cup of dry white wine
- ¾ cup of chicken broth
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of pepper
- ¼ cup of fresh basil, cut or torn into small pieces
- ½ tsp of dried oregano
- 5 handfuls of fresh spinach (about 3 oz)
- ½ cup of parmesan cheese
- Start by cooking the pasta al dente, according to package directions, drain, place back in the pot, drizzle with a little olive oil and keep warm.
- Now, toss the shrimp with the flour, parmesan cheese and salt, heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet over high heat, working in 2 batches, add the shrimp to the skillet in a single layer, cook for 2 minutes, flip and cook 2 more minutes, remove from the skillet, cook the next batch and also remove.
- Add the tomatoes to the same skillet, lower the heat to medium and cook for 4 minutes.
- Next, add in the garlic and shallot and cook for 1 minute, add in the wine, chicken broth, salt & pepper, basil and oregano, cook for 3 - 4 minutes, then add in the spinach and cook until it wilts, then stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Add the pasta and the shrimp and stir well.
To serve, plate the pasta and sprinkle on a little more parmesan. Buon Appetito!