Roasted Red Potato Salad with Bacon and Blue Cheese
This potato salad is a refreshing alternative to the mayonnaise based version. The potatoes and the red onions are roasted with garlic for maximum flavor! Then throw in crispy bacon & blue cheese, drizzle on a simple, flavorful vinaigrette and sprinkle on chopped scallions for brightness! This will be a favorite!
Author: Ruth Guerri
Recipe type: Potato Salad
Serves: 10 - 12
- 4 lbs of red potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 very large red onion, cut into chunks
- 4 Tbs of olive oil
- 2 tsp of kosher salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 16 oz of bacon
- ⅓ cup of white wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp of kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp of black pepper
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 1 cup of blue cheese, crumbled
- 5 green onions, white and pale green parts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Start by dividing the potatoes and the onions evenly and place on 2 baking sheets, toss each with ½ of the olive oil, salt & pepper and garlic, place in the oven and roast for 35 -40 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- While the potatoes are roasting, cook the bacon, drain and crumble.
- To make the dressing, add the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and sugar into a jar with a lid and shake until well combined.
- Place the warm potatoes and onions in a large serving bowl, pour in ¾ of the dressing, the blue cheese and the bacon, stir to combine.
- Just before serving, stir in the green onions and add more dressing if needed. Enjoy