Delightful Blackberry Parfaits! Fresh, sweet blackberries, honey sweetened mascarpone and lady fingers are layered in pretty parfait glasses and topped with whipped cream! So easy and so utterly delicious!
Author: Ruth Guerri
- 18 oz of blackberries plus more for garnish
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 oz of creme de cassis - optional
- 1½ cups of mascarpone cheese
- ⅓ (heaping) cup of sour cream
- 3 - 4 Tbs of honey
- 8 - 9 lady fingers or cookie of your choice.
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium/high heat, add the the berries, sugar and creme de cassis. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium/low and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the mixture just starts to thicken, remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir together the mascarpone, sour cream and honey until smooth, if the mixture seems too thick, add a little more sour cream.
- To assemble, break the cookies in small pieces and place in the bottom of 6 parfait glasses, then spoon in the berry sauce, then the mascarpone mixture, chill overnight or at least for 2 hours.
- To serve, top with whipped cream and garnish with whole berries and a cookie if you like, YUM!
I think these parfaits are even better if they are chilled overnight! Just add the whipped cream right before serving.