Maple, Bourbon & Black Pepper Bacon
Author: Ruth Guerri
- Makes 12 slices
- 1 Tbs of bourbon
- 3 Tbs of maple syrup
- 12 slices of thick cut bacon
- ⅓ cup of dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Line a baking pan with foil, top with a wire rack and place the bacon slices on top. In a small saucepan, over medium/ low heat, add the bourbon and maple syrup, cook and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Brush the sauce on the bacon, sprinkle on the brown sugar and pepper, press into the bacon with your fingers.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, until crispy, rotating the pan halfway through. If you’d like it more crispy, turn off the oven, switch on the broiler and broil for a few minutes. Let it cool down on the rack, just loosen it with a spatula.Go ahead, bite into it and you’ll see what I