Supreme indeed! This is a delicious make-ahead, crowd pleaser! Egg whites make it super fluffy! I know you’ll love this casserole!
• 6 medium potatoes
• 1/2 of an 8 oz container of soft-style cream cheese with chives and onion
• 1 tsp of kosher salt
• 1 tsp of black pepper
• 1/3 cup of whole milk, buttermilk or heavy cream
• 2 egg whites
• 1 Tbs of grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 Tbs of fine dry bread crumbs
• 2 tsp of butter, melted
• 6 ramekins or a medium sized casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray
Peel and cut up potatoes, cook in boiling salted water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and mash with an electric mixer on low speed. Add cream cheese, salt and pepper. Gradually beat in enough of the milk to make potatoes light and fluffy. Beat in the egg whites.
Spoon potato mixture in prepared dishes, or 1 casserole dish. In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, dry bread crumbs and butter, sprinkle over the potatoes. This can now be refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
Bake in a 325° oven for 25 -30 minutes, or if chilled 30 -35 minutes.