Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
Even if you think you don't like these little green balls, this recipe will convert you! These are so good, I have dreams about them! When you roast them, add bacon, garlic, shallots, balsamic and fresh thyme, they have no choice but to be insanely delicious!
Author: Ruth Guerri
Recipe type: Sides
- 2 Tbs of olive oil
- 2 lbs of brussel sprouts, trimmed, halved
- 6 oz of pancetta, or bacon, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chopped shallots
- 3 Tbs of balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs of fresh thyme, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Brush a rimmed baking sheet with 1 Tbs of oil.
- Place 1 Tbs of oil in a large bowl and add the brussel sprouts, pancetta, garlic and shallots. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread the mixture on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast until sprouts are tender and brown, about 20 minutes. (can be made ahead about 3 hours, let stand at room temp)
- Drizzle sprouts with vinegar, sprinkle with thyme, stir to coat, return to the oven and roast another 5 minutes to heat thru, transfer to serving bowl. YUM!